Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BEDA 29: Commercial Jingles & Love Songs

You ever get some stupid, little song stuck in your head that just won't come out. When you sing it, people stare at you and wonder what you are on? Yeah, that's been my experience over and over again with a particular song/jingle. What is it? Glad you asked (glad I can pretend you asked so I have something to blog about today)



Yeah, it's a bit insulting and, most of the time, I can't remember what beer company I'm supposed to be buying because of it, but I do loves me that song. Can't explain why either. I know I thought it was funny as all get out when I first heard it, but, to this day, don't know why it gets stuck in my head at random times. They even made one for a "Wingdog" too. Don't believe me?



What does any of this have to do with anything? Not a damn thing, but's it's my BEDA Blog and I'll babble about anything I dang well please, thank you very much.

Tomorrow will be the end of BEDA and I'll do my best to get up a Vlog, *if* I have the brain power to record and edit the dang thing after 12 hours of work.

Anyway, since I didn't post any songs yesterday, let's make today Love Song day, shall we?

Song(s) of the Day: Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes



Yeah, I'm a hopeless romantic and this is my theme song. Ever since I was a kid, this song has been a big part of my idea of romance. Blame Lloyd Dobler, blame Cameron Crowe, blame the boombox over the head, but it all comes together to be one of the most enduring and endearing expressions of love I've ever witnessed and it is the backbone of my idealised view of love.

Celine Dion & Clive Griffen - When I Fall in Love



Sleepless in Seattle. Nuff said. Seriously, though. To this day, I still have a crush on Meg Ryan. How could you not? Part of the reason I sing the way I do is emulating Clive Griffen about a billion times since the first time I heard this song. Why am I putting up a Beauty & the Beast vid version of the song? Because the actual video was "embedding disabled" and after 10 minutes, I gave up.

Speaking of love songs.

Rent - I'll Cover You (reprise)



Yeah, lately, if I'm singing, there's a good chance I'm singing a Collins tune. Great songs, great voice, gotta love it.

Of course, this is not a comprehensive list of love songs. Just a couple that are on my mind lately.

Anyway, see you all tomorrow.
Anthony

1 comment:

  1. Anything Collins sings is my favorite part of Rent. Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete