Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22 2009: The one where I see Terminator Salvation

Just got home from Terminator Salvation. Definitely had a good time and it was much better than I thought it would be. Seeing an entire movie set in the post-apocalyptic future of the Terminator series was an idea that filled me with some dread, being a fan of the series and getting pretty heavily invested in the world again due to the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but McG actually pulled it off and it was a fun ride, second only to Star Trek as far as movies I really enjoyed in '09. Sam Worthington really added a lot to the flick and one of his fights was a particular highlight of the movie for me. The actor that played young Kyle Reese was really good and Moon Bloodgood reminded me why I liked her in the first place. If you are on the fence, I would say go ahead, hop off, and go see the flick. Besides, sitting on fences can't be all that comfortable.

In other movie news, watched an anime flick I'd been wanting to catch, Vexille, with my friend, Larry. WTF?!? I am sad I finally watched it. The idea I had in my head of what it would be after seeing the trailer and hearing the plot synopsis was much better than what I was actually treated to. Where are the good sci-fi yarns? We have the technology to make some amazing things and I get stuff like Vexille and Babylon A.D.

Urge to create random comics just to play with my own ideas of sci-fi, cyberpunk, and gun-fu rising rapidly.

Anyway, I have to get up for work in 4 hours. Will try to remember to actually make some posts here in the near future.

Till Next Time,
Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment