Friday, May 8, 2009

May 08: Sounds of Silence

Silence, not particularly golden, in my opinion.

Yup, that's right, I lost my voice. I was forced to leave work after I coughed so much and so hard that I outright lost the ability to speak. I didn't feel that bad to begin with, but coughing with the consistency of gunfire and explosions in a John Woo/Michael Bay marathon means your throat gets odds prickly by the end. Apparently, it's next to impossible to do technical support by phone when you can't *speak* to the customers. I tried for 2 hours, but I just got progressively worse and the number of times my directions were met with "I'm sorry, I didn't hear what you said" was rising exponentially. Now, I'm home, lamenting the fact that this means I am going to have to bust my butt the rest of the week to make up the hours. At this point, I just hope to get it back in time for work tomorrow, so that my week is not entirely shot.

I'm supposed to see Star Trek tonight with some friends, but that is entirely dependent on how I'm feeling later. I will, more than likely, go anyway, because I am incredibly psyched to go see this flick. For the most part, I love J.J. Abrams, and the idea of him directing a new version of Star Trek has me giddy like a schoolgirl.

Speaking of Abrams, anyone ever used "Abram men" in a sentence before? It's supposed to be an old idiom for fake or pretend crazy men. I have no idea where I heard it first, but it sneaks out in conversation every once in awhile and I have *never* had another person know what the hell I was talking about. Sometimes, I think there is a part of my brain feeding me misinformation, so, now I end up saying things that make no damn sense. Like there is a rogue sector in my brain creating colloquial metaphors only I will know. You might think that would be fun, and sometimes it is, but, for the most part, it just means I am saying what I mean but I just come off as crazier than I am... making me an Abram man?

Okay, not really, but I felt I needed some way to bring closure to the blatant digression there before it veered too far off into the realm of schizothemia.

Anyway, I'm gonna go drink some tea and try to find music I can listen to, but that I won't try to sing to.

I think my grammar, syntax, and punctuation is actually getting worse. I'm fairly certain that I'm actually becoming stupider by repeated exposure to certain facets of the internet. Thank god for the Nerdfighters. Without them, I would probably be eating Cheetos, drinking frat house levels of beer, and watching nothing but reality TV.

Okay, I'm babbling. Goodbye.
Anthony

Song of the Day: Lacuna Coil - Enjoy the Silence

To stay with the theme of today's post, the song of the day is one of my favorite bands, Lacuna Coil, with their cover of Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment