Friday, January 16, 2009

All I Want to Do Is Eat Your Brains

So, a week into the new job, only 1 week into a 5-week training course, and it's going good so far. It's sort of like corporate summer camp, odd environment really. Can't tell if the people there really enjoy their jobs or they've all just drunk the kool-aid. Either way, seems like a good enough place to spend 40 or 50 hours a week and not go *completely* insane. I mean, I'm close enough to the edge as is, right? *grin*

Tonight, going to see Jonathan Coulton, which is just shiny. Nothing to start your weekend like a couple drinks, some music, and a couple laughs. Should be a good time.

I'm getting back in the swing of things art-wise, so I will post some stuff here in the coming weeks, as originally planned. The whole "getting fired/looking for a job" thing just sapped the creative juices right out of me and it's taken me a bit to get it back.

Doing my best to get over myself and my expectations of where I *should* be as an artist and just try and do my best with where I truly am. It's hard when the lofty goals you set for yourself you are so abysmally falling short of on the page. Though, I guess that's true of all artists.

Anyway, off to grab something to eat and figure out exactly what I'm doing before I take off for the show.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid, nothing good can come from men who want you to drink them.
Anthony Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment